A woman can experience emotional wholeness. She just needs to learn more about herself...more about who she really is.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dare to Believe

A few years ago I fell in love with log cabins. I loved them so much that I created a binder with pictures of them, examples of entrances, kitchens, dens, bedrooms and great rooms. At one point I began to design my own floor plan. The desire was so intense that God joined in the fun and said walk me through every room and tell me what you would like in each.

After a while, the log cabin fever wore off but my hubby and I always wanted to have a larger home. Since we were in no rush, we house shopped for about three years but nothing screamed at us – buy me!

Then one day Rich announced he wanted us to kick it up a notch and he began to research possible candidates more enthusiastically. We finally found something in early Fall one year. We made a bid and then nothing.

We began to see a few more houses but I had a bad attitude because I wanted the house we put a bid on. It had “most” of what I wanted. The strolls through these other houses were ho hum. It got to the point where I didn’t want to go see any more but my realtor girlfriend insisted I had to see two more. House number one was another disappointment and on the way to house number two, we actually called her and told her to forget it. She was adamant we had to see this house. Yes…I grumbled all the way.

When we arrived, the house was set at a cul-de-sac and my husband began to say “please go in the middle, please go in the middle”. I didn’t know what in the world he was talking about until he drove into the middle driveway. My jaw dropped when the house came into full view.

We went inside and I had a habit of taking text pics for my daughter. I was busy taking one when I heard my realtor, Jackie, scream, “Roz come here quick. They have the refrigerator you wanted!” I seriously did not understand her enthusiasm (because I still had an attitude). I looked at the fridge acknowledge it was nice and turned around to find she had vanished. Another scream came from upstairs, “Roz you need to come up and see this.” “Yes Jackie…wait I’m taking pics” (she interrupted) “Roz you need to come now”. I went upstairs and walked towards the room she was in and my jaw dropped (again).

After I entered into the room, I stopped and froze because something I saw rattled me. The master bedroom I was standing in had something in particular you don’t find in most of them; a loft. I went slowly through that room and I said to myself, it can’t be.

Methodically, I did this room by room. Every single thing that I had asked God for was in this house. (By the way, I had to ask God to forgive me for the bad attitude because he already had a house in mind with “all” of the stuff I wanted, and I was still hung up on a nice house with “some” of the stuff I had wanted.)

There were a lot of ups and downs along the way and I have to admit that my ‘tude’ got the best of me at times. My conversations, whines and outbursts sounded like this at times. “How can you show me a house with everything, everything I wanted and then let this or this happen? What is wrong with you?” Thank God He is God. Through it all, He was patient with me and even gave me a few cheerleaders. One of them included my pastor and he didn’t even know it. God timed his messages so well you would have thought they were outlined just for me. His messages challenged me to believe for the impossible and to expect miracles.

When our closest friends and family would ask what time was closing, I would respond "2 pm is walk-through, 3 pm is closing and at 4 pm the party starts in heaven and on my side of the earth."

I believe with my entire heart that God threw a party because Rich and I successfully retrieved one of the BIG blessings, with our name on it, from one of His storage warehouses in heaven. The Lord gave me…us (Rich and I) exceedingly, abundantly, above all that I could have imagined or dreamed of.

I have to admit that I was, and am, still floored by God when I think about it. When Jackie showed me this house that first day, I got scared because I couldn’t believe that God had actually answered my prayer. I know that may sound silly and even contradictory but this was a BIG and detailed dream.

Is there something you’re dreaming about and falls into the realm of the impossible?

Dare to ask…dare to dream…then dare to BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment