A woman can experience emotional wholeness. She just needs to learn more about herself...more about who she really is.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Life Saver and Boundary Maker Word

This sentence is a life saver and a boundary maker. Examples in layman's terms:
"Nope, ain't gonna do that."
"No, I'm not going."
"Thank you, but I'm not available."
"No, I'm sorry. I don't think our friendship is healthy any more."
"No, we can't make it that day. We have a family event."
"No, I will not work overtime."
"No, I will not stress over this situation."
"No, I will not stoop to your level."
"No, I will not let your drama affect me." (I really wanted to put crap in there initially.)
"No, I refuse to let you get to me." (I wonder if I add, freak you, if that would be wrong. I guess it would be huh.)
You get the point right?
No can be a beautiful word or sentence, and you don't even have to be nasty. Explanations are for those who have earned it, and are not necessarily required for the adult toddlers in your life. (Get it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment